Three keypads controlling one ceiling fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three keypads controlling one ceiling fan

I have a room with Three "six button keypads" The buttons are marked High fan (HF), Med fan (MF), Low fan (LF) , Fan off, on (FO) , and off. The on and off buttons are used to control other items than the fan and are not part of this question.

The High fan, Med fan, Low fan, and fan off buttons are what I am trying to address. I also have an newly installed Insteon hub.

I want all three keypads to only show one of the of the four settings on at one time, so when fan off is pressed on one keypad the other keypads show only the fan off light lit and of course the fan to stop.
    I want the same thing for the other three buttons on all three keypads.

Any suggestions?

Steve

I think the easiest way to do this would be in the Hub app.

You will want to create a scene for each speed. High, Medium, Low and Off. In each of the scenes you will add all all three keypads and their buttons (except for the On/Off buttons)

On each scene you will have the button from each keypad that controls the scene set to ON & controller, while the other buttons should be set to Off & responder. Make sure the the speed that the scene is meant to control is also added to the scene, also as a responder.

This will handle the button grouping issue you are describing as the Hub now knows what to do when a button is pressed.

Below is a video that goes over what would need to be done to manually do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbWiIS6Tuzw

Comment

Sean, Thank you for the response. This worked but only part way. It configured the button grouping on all three keypads just fine. But the lights on the keypads did not get connected. So when you pressed button A to the ON setting it lit up on that keypad but not the other two, I manually set those buttons and now everything is working.

Thanks for the help
      Steve

Comment

Working...
      X