8 button dimmer suddenly not working correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 button dimmer suddenly not working correctly

I've had an 8 button dimmer pad in my basement for 8 or so years now. It is used to control 7 in wall dimmer switches and 3 lamplincs. Everything has worked pretty fine this whole time, although occasionally one of the lamplincs will miss the signal.

Today, I hit one of the scene buttons (3rd down on the left) and nothing happened, except the button lit up. It is supposed to bring up 6 of the wall switches to differing levels, and nothing happened. I tried the one below it which turns on the 3 lamplincs and that didn't work either, aside from the button lighting up. The rest of the scene buttons worked ok, including the top right one, which I had turning on all the wall switches to full power.

After playing around a bit, I discovered the two non-working ones would fade on and off if I held the button down, but doing any tapping didn't do anything.

My first thought was to try to reprogram the buttons, so I tapped the 3rd down left one so it lit up, and then pushed the set button. It beeped, and the button blinked. I went around and set all the levels, went back and pushed and held the set button, waiting for the double beep and for the light to turn steady as the manual says. Instead, it beeped once and kept blinking. I pushed the set again and it beeped once but stopped blinking. Then tapping the button did not do anything. All the lights that were on at different levels just sat there. I tried doing this several times with no luck. The fade on/off while holding the button down still works.

Reading the manual, I tried pulling out the set button for ten seconds, then pushing it in, and tried everything again. No luck. The other buttons still seemed to work, but not the two.

I tried a factory reset, pulling the set out, pushing it in all the way and holding it, which did seem to work. All the buttons are dimly lit, waiting to be programmed. So, I tried programming one of the ones that was working before, with no luck. If I remember correctly, it would flash several times when I tried to finish setting it, and then went dim again.

Now, the set button is not lit at all. No red, no green. Nothing. I'm trying to remember if the set button always was lit, and I think it was. Which makes me wonder if something blew and I need a new one.

Any thoughts?

I'm currently experiencing the exact same thing.
    EmployeeConnection
    Last edited by Isabelle; 09-05-2022, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X