6 Button controller main button auto links another switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Button controller main button auto links another switch

Just installed the 6 button controller and another two switches, everything is great using the IOS app. However, the 6 button "ON", when physically pushed also turns on a light switch too. Any ideas?
    I deleted the switch in question, add the device back to the HUB and the situation comes right back. I even tried putting the ON button into a scene, with no change in behavior - switch still responds to the 6 button on/off.

The fact that the IOS app works exactly as intended and the 6 button wall switch doesn't behave the same is the confusing part.

thanks for any ideas

Thank you - worked like a charm on second attempt.

It would be nice if they had a better interface then just the IOS app to view the connections between devices, tempted to go with https://www.smarthome.com/isy994i-ir...-band-plm.html as reviews for the ISY-994i seem to be good after you get a device without issues installed. The ideal world is no PC software needed to control dozens of devices, but Insteon is not there yet. In a perfect world (new releases part of all the 2020 changes ?) would include a true web interface for the HUB.to replace the connect.insteon.com version that has been stuck in Beta for years and never worked.

Comment

Thanks for response - your answer prompted a different way to search for a solution. https://www.yonomi.co/ and their app is ideal for automation and expands options without needing to spend a dime (at least using IOS app).
      The nice thing it even allows you to put logic conditions (when kitchen light is turned off, have Sonos play read a message you create in that room!), and what you create is available via Alexa too.. It also allowed me to use my location to trigger turning on the driveway lights when I arrive home, all without needing to buy additional sensors.

Comment

Working...
      X