8 or 6 button dimmer/switch that does not control its own load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 or 6 button dimmer/switch that does not control its own load

Is it possible to configure an 8 or 6 button switch or dimmer so that "Button A" does not control it's own load?

For example, in one switch bank, I would like to install a 8 button switch dedicated exclusively to audio controls. I do not want Button A to turn the "local" load on/off. I only want it to perform an audio function. However, I do want to connect a load to that module that I want to control from another switch via a scene.

Playing around with an 8 button dimmer that I bought to test these types of things, it doesn't seem like I can "de-couple" the local load from Button A, but maybe I am missing something.

I understand I could just not connect a local load and have Button A participate in whatever scene I want, but I would like to still control the load that is currently in that switch plate without adding another single dimmer to the switch bank.

Does my question make sense?

Thanks for any help anyone has.

-rd

Check out this thread

https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...-detached-load

Comment

Sorry- I forgot to subscribe to this post and am just seeing these replies now. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

brandt- That link is great.

Comment

Working...
      X