No announcement yet.

How to manage two different rooms via 2732-432 (EU) Wireless thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you link the wireless thermostat to the wired thermostat, you then lose independent control of any other device linked to either thermostat.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
      I have a few wireless thermostats that I use only to monitor temperature and humidity via a Hub. They are not linked to anything. I also have one wireless thermostat linked only to a SwitchLinc On/Off Module.

I also have a wireless thermostat linked to a wired thermostat. The wired thermostat is not linked to anything, only wired to the HVAC.
      so you are saying if i buy a wireless thermostat (with remote temp probe) as a standalone device.. i can see the temps via the app even if i didn't have a wired thermostat?
      (I.E. external temp sensor running from my rooftop solar heater to the wireless thermostat then via rf to a dual band device and then to the hub then to the app directly)??
      Last edited by Moustafa; 11-11-2015, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Unless something has changed recently.
        The remote sensor probes temperature is only displayed on the bottom of 2441ZTH screen and is not available for reading by other devices.
        I know someone in the UDI forums modified one to use the external sensor probe and not the internal one on the PCB.

Comment

Originally posted by Moustafa View Post

so you are saying if i buy a wireless thermostat (with remote temp probe) as a standalone device.. i can see the temps via the app even if i didn't have a wired thermostat?
          (I.E. external temp sensor running from my rooftop solar heater to the wireless thermostat then via rf to a dual band device and then to the hub then to the app directly)??
          Yes. The app will show the temperature on the wireless thermostat even if the thermostat is a stand alone device, not linked to anything. But, as BLH mentioned, the temperature from the probe can be viewed only on the thermostat itself. If you are able to solder, then you can replace the internal sensor with the probe.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I wounder if the firmware has been updated.
            In the new Full Users Manual. I saw something in the setup routines. Where the Internal or External sensor could be used.

Comment

Then what's the point of having an external temp sensor connected normally (to the back of the device) if we can't utilize it?

Comment

The purpose of the probe is informative. Even my retired non-home automation programmable thermostats had outdoor temperature sensors. But, see the post above from BLH.

Comment

Working...
                X