2441TH install - three wires to existing Honeywell Chromotherm III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2441TH install - three wires to existing Honeywell Chromotherm III

Need help with 3 wire existing connections to Honeywell Chromotherm III that I want to replace. I have 5 wires in the cable - blue and yellow are wrapped at both ends. I called support and they said on the Insteon 2441TH I should unwrap, strip and connect the blue wire to 24V Com, red wire to 24 RH, White to W1, and Green to G. Nothing happened. Decided I didn't want to expend any more effort so I called my electrician and he said they evaluated the thermostat and won't deal with them - they are too fussy and old school.

So I took off the back of my furnace cover and hunted for the thermostat connection and found it - please see the photos. Should I unwrap, strip and connect the blue wire to the COM connection shown in the photo? I don't know how to test the voltage so what you see here is exactly what I have.

I really want to be able to use Insteon throughout my home. I have installed the camera (finally made it through port forwarding in spite of the instructions), can now remote access via my phone (again, in spite of the instructions), and still have the garage door on my list but wanted to get the thermostat connected.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

It seems that your thermostat is for heat only. If so, then connect the blue wire to C at both ends. BTW, the Honeywell Chromotherm III thermostat is battery powered which is why there's no connection to C at the thermostat.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Perfect. You're right - only for heat. Everything works now. Happy girl for sure! So much easier to work on this when I don't have to use it right away.

Comment

Working...
      X