Temperature increments in Celsius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature increments in Celsius

When displaying in degrees Celsius, can this thermostat be changed in 0.5 degree C increments: i.e. the equivalent of 1 degree F? All the devices I've seen recently bump the temp in 1 degree C increments,which is just too much of a change.

nope, just tried it - only whole numbers
    Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
    Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
    53 Insteon devices

Comment

The Insteon thermostat is actually capable of .5ยบ increments (which can be viewed from an ISY, for example), but the display is not. To do so would require having two more position (the decimal point plus a digit) resulting in a somewhat more costly and smaller display.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

That is really too bad. That is such a shortfall, that it will prevent me from buying one.

Comment

Nearly all thermostat displays show whole degrees only, a very few show tenths. Which thermostat do you intend to use?
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
          X