Insteon Thermostat changing modes - 2441TH Rev. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Thermostat changing modes - 2441TH Rev. 2

Today I installed the 2441TH today, and this happened a couple of times, set for heat and the furnace came on, it changed modes to Cool and shut furnace down. I then changed the mode to auto, and after a heat cycle it's mode changed to off. With temps hovering around zero I can't trust it and put the other thermostat back in.

Any help with what is causing this would be appreciated.

Same problem with mine but also is restarting in heat mode, please help!

Comment

i am curious as I want to get one but from what I read, I cant have a froze home...

Comment

I returned mine and received another with the same problem, but doing research in other forums I solved the problem with less than $10 dlls.
        The problem is when the furnace sends peaks of power after ignitions, this can be solved using a surge protector with network ports.
        However I ordered a surge protector for RJ45 networks that cost less than $10 dlls in amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Network-Signal...=network+surge

or this

http://www.amazon.com/LRS01-E100-Alu...=network+surge

But that suppress only 4 wires from the RJ45 the positions 1,2,3 and 6, and I used all of them except the 24V red, I didn't plugged the suppressor directly form the current wiring because is a different gauge and I used pigtails connectors from the current wiring to a patch cord Cat5 that I cut in 2 pieces because already has those RJ45's.

using the 24V red wire on the surge protector results in short and needs to replace the fuse from the furnace, but the surge protector works fine for the rest of the wires coming from the furnace blue, white, green, yellow. is also important to wire the ground from the surge protector.
        Last edited by Torch4x4; 01-29-2015, 10:52 AM.

Comment

2441TH - Ghost Button Input / Ghost Mode Change (Random Mode Change, Random Button input - related to Dirty 24vAC power supply)
          associated with Igniter related interference broadcast to the Thermostat through the thermostat wiring.

Thanks all for the good info on use of a surge suppressor,
          what amazes me is how horribly designed this device is..
          And with that..

For Trouble Shooting
          Turn on the "Beep on button press" (#5 Below) - you will now be able to hear your thermostat "Ghost" input as it happens.

There is a simple work around if you can live with only using the phone (or windows) app to set the temperature and Mode...
          The workaround is to disable the button input. Turn on the "Button Lock" (#7 Below).

Ridiculous I know - Unfortunately this is the limited way I've had to run this Thermostat (and it's RMA replacement) for the almost 2 years I've had this very disappointing Insteon product.

http://cache.insteon...n/2441TH-en.pdf

User Setup Mode
          1) Press and hold Program button to access the following options:
          • Press Mode to step between menu items (sub-mode number will appear on top of the screen).
          o Sub-mode 01: Display LED on-time select (default is 10 seconds)
          o Sub-mode 02: Humidity low setpoint (default is 30%) Page 20 of 28 Rev: 4/21/2015 10:16 AM
          o Sub-mode 03: Humidity high setpoint (default is 90%)
          o Sub-mode 04: Temperature format select (default is Fahrenheit)
          o Sub-mode 05: Beep on button press (default is Off)
          o Sub-mode 06: Status LED (default is Off)
          o Sub-mode 07: Button lock (default is Off)
          o Sub-mode 08: Programming lock (default is Off)
          o Sub-mode 09: Activation delay (default is 5 minutes)

Good luck everyone..!!
          --Bill Zimmerman--
          Last edited by zimtekcom; 03-24-2016, 03:40 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
          X