Temperature could not be set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature could not be set

From the Hub app for Android, about 50% of the time I try to change the temperature, I receive the message, "Temperature could not be set". I believe this is a Thermostat issue because I can turn on/off lights with no problem.

One thing I've seen, the AC transformer that powers the tstat is putting out 26.5 - 27 volt, is this variation from 24V still within spec?

Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot the intermittent "Temperature could not be set" message?

The command drops have increased, now about 95% drops. Last night, I had to attempt to set the temperature about 20 times over 10 minutes before it finally set. This morning, it took about 10 minutes before the temperature would appear in the Hub app. All other devices (10 lighting devices) all work fine during that time. I was unable to set the temp from the app, had to adjust manually. Defeats the purpose of this thermostat.

Everything appears fine locally at the stat, works as expected. Just not accessible via the Hub app.

More info, the thermostat has been working fairly well for several weeks (an occasional "Temp could not be set"). Any help on returning command-reliability is appreciated.

Comment

In case it can help someone down the road, the Thermostat is fine. I had a bad Insteon LED Bulb that knocked out RF. Other devices appeared to be ok I guess because they are dual-band. It was bad enough that I could unplug the LED Bulb lamp, and the Thermostat ED Success (via Houselinc) would increment. Plug that lamp back in, the ED Success went to 0. Similar results via Hub app. LED plugged in, no Thermostat updates on the app. Unplug it, the Thermostat app worked.

Comment

Which INSTEON LED bulb? Were you able to control the bulb?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The A19. I was able to control the bulb, and it was ~99 % for SD and ED over 1000 tests. However, Tstats was 13/1000 for ED.

Thermostat signal test with suspect LED bulb plugged in:
          Thermostat With LED Plugged In.png

Thermostat signal test with suspect LED bulb unplugged:
          Thermostat With LED UNplugged.png

Still only 60% ED, but that is completely usable compared to 1%.
          Last edited by msully725; 11-10-2014, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X