Programming Will Not Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programming Will Not Run

Insteon 2441TH installed with Insteon Hub. Install and connection to hub went smoothly. Programmed the thermostat to have temps rise and fall at specific times. Temp setting doesn't change when the program requires it to change. So the programmable feature of this unit will not operate. Anyone else have this problem?

What mode is the thermostat in? The thermostat needs to be in Time of Day mode, not Auto.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I am having issues with getting the programming to work as well. I can get it all set up but then how do you tell it to run? It is cold in the morning when I get up and when I come home so would like to get it working correctly! Did figure out that you need to hold the up and down button together to get "emergency heat aka the furnace" to work. Thermostat should have an emergency heat button as an option. I found it in the way back of the manual. I don't understand why you would set this up as a controller or responder. All I can do on the app is raise and lower the temperature. Thanks.
      iPhone4s - iOS 7.1.2
      iPhone3 - "remote" IOS 6.1.6
      iPod
      Android tablet Version 4.0.4
      Hub II: 1F.66.64
      Firmware: 5679
      Bin: Hub2-V04-20140904
      PLM: 9D

2 ip cameras
      2 smoke detectors w/ smoke bridge
      1 Motion sensor
      3 keypad
      3 outlet
      4 wall switches
      1 garage door open close sensor

Comment

"Emergency heat" is for heat pumps only. This topic is about the 2441TH thermostat which is not heat pump compatible. Which thermostat do you have? BTW, no matter which thermostat you have, you should be able to change the mode.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Sorry, I just saw the programming thermostat and went with it! We have the B2732-242. We have a heat pump and the furnace.
          iPhone4s - iOS 7.1.2
          iPhone3 - "remote" IOS 6.1.6
          iPod
          Android tablet Version 4.0.4
          Hub II: 1F.66.64
          Firmware: 5679
          Bin: Hub2-V04-20140904
          PLM: 9D

2 ip cameras
          2 smoke detectors w/ smoke bridge
          1 Motion sensor
          3 keypad
          3 outlet
          4 wall switches
          1 garage door open close sensor

Comment

What do you mean by "Time of Day" mode? I don't find that as an option.

Comment

Are you looking at the app (which Hub) or the thermostat or other software? Time of Day mode selects the programming as manually set on the thermostat (i.e., Wake, Leave, Return, Sleep). Auto sets the Cool and Heat setpoints regardless of the thermostat programming.

Comment

Working...
              X