Thermostat 'resets' to heat mode when ac kicks on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat 'resets' to heat mode when ac kicks on

About 2/3rds of the time when the air conditioning kicks on the unit will flicker briefly then go back into 'heat' mode and the ac will turn off. I created a rule in my HA software to reset it back to ac mode a minute after this happens as immediately turning it back to ac mode will have no effect. This is wreaking havoc on my compressor for my 5 ton ac unit as it constantly gets turned on and off every few minutes. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a way around it? Is this due to a faulty unit? It almost seems like it's getting a surge or something but that doesn't seem right over the 24v wiring. Any advice is appreciated.

Which HVAC control panel do you have? In any case, you should wait at least 5-6 minutes after a compressor turns off before turning it back on.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X