Question about upgrading to 2441TH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about upgrading to 2441TH

I currently have a Venstar T1900 with the 2441V adapter in my home. The adapter seems to be having some trouble. A few months ago it "crashed" my Insteon network by flooding it with information. The lights flickered and scenes didn't respond. I noticed that the light on the side of the adapter was blinking furiously. I unplugged the adapter and things when back to normal. I plugged it back in and it seems to be working again, but the ISY keeps coming up with a "failed to communicate to thermostat" message at least seventy five percent of the time it runs a query. It can also take several tries to change a setting on the thermostat from the ISY interface or my phone.

I wanted to get another adapter but it seems that they are no longer a thing. So I started looking at the Insteon 2441TH thermostat. Living where I do we use a humidifier in the winter to keep the house comfortable. The T1900 has a connection that controls the humidifier directly. When more humidity is called for it turns on the humidifier (just a 24V water valve that wets the element) and the furnace fan.

Looking at the Insteon thermostat it seems that it does not have a direct way to control the humidifier, though it does have a humidify scene (Group 4 in the manual). Would this mean that I would need to get a I/O Link to control the humidifier valve in that scene? Or am I missing something?

Thanks
    K-Bert

Just for anyone who has the same question: Yes, an I/O Linc is required to control the humidifier valve in this situation.

Thanks,
    K-Bert

Comment

Keep in mind that the IO Linc communicates only through powerline while the thermostat is only RF. You will need some sort of dual-band device in the house to make this setup work.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but it is not a problem for me. I have several dual band Dimmerlincs and Keypadlincs, some on/off outletlincs, and some triggerlincs in my network. Everything is connected to a PLM attached to an ISY994IR Pro.

Thanks,
        K-Bert

Comment

Working...
        X