Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2441TH reading heating while idle - firmware bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2441TH reading heating while idle - firmware bug?

I have the following reproducible problem with my 2441TH thermostats.

Under the following conditions the thermostat reports it is heating via insteon queries while it is not actually heating.

First off, 2441TH thermostats are stamped with Revision 1.71 date code 2614, and I am using an ISY controller to query/set the thermostat.

Here are the steps to recreate:

1) Set the thermostat to heat mode, auto fan.

2) Set the thermostat to a heat setpoint higher than room temp so it will call for heat.

At this point everything is working as expected, it is calling for heat, it says "heating" on the LCD, and queries via insteon are showing it is heating.

3) WHILE it is calling for heat, reduce the setpoint to lower than room temperature VIA INSTEON.

At this point it stops calling for heat, LCD no longer says "heating", but when queried via insteon the response is still heating.

Some points of note:

The problem only occurs if the setpoint is reduced by insteon command, adjusting setpoint via buttons on the thermostat does not result in the problem.

The problem only occurs if the setpoint is reduced by insteon AND the thermostat is calling for heat at the time of the command.

Once in this condition, repeated queries via insteon still show heating when it is not actually heating.

The problem condition is cleared once the thermostat cycles through another idle->heating->idle cycle (due to room temperature reducing below the new setpoint, or the setpoint being adjusted upward to cause a heating cycle).

This really seems like a firmware bug to me.

Since you are using the ISY, you should post this on the udi forums as they make the ISY not insteon

Comment

Working...
    X