New Thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Thermostat?

Anyone know if there is a better thermostat in the works? I have 7 wired and 1 remote thermostat and I have to say that they really suck.

The worst part is I need 4 more and really don't want to (and actually cannot) use the same old junk.

Alternately, anyone know of a different brand thermostat that works with ISY?

Thanks
    Brett

Do you have a ZWave option board in the ISY994i?

Comment

I do not. Is there a good ZWave tstat option? If so, I have no problem upgrading my ISY.

Comment

I know some members of the UDI forums are using ZWave Thermostats.
        If you have not been there yet. They may have some good data for you.
        https://forum.universal-devices.com/

Comment

I use Ecobee's and can easily control them remotely using either the Ecobee app, website, or Google Assistant (GA) (or Alexa if desired), the latter also allowing voice control. I can also control all my Insteon devices with GA. While I know some would like an all-inclusive solution that would allow them to full smart home control from an Insteon-based app, I don't see how Insteon could compete in the thermostat business at this point. Ecobee and Nest dominate. I'd rather see Insteon focus on what they do best and provide better integration with those doing the same in other areas.

Comment

Working...
          X