2 Thermostats stopped working over the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Thermostats stopped working over the weekend

Came in Monday morning and both Insteon thermostats at our warehouse were blank and inoperable. One is a wired heat pump model and the other a wired conventional model. They control 2 different units (or course). They are in different rooms and on different circuits. We also have a hub and that seems to be working. Other Insteon products in the warehouse still work, like a plug-in controller and leak detector.

I have tried power cycling both thermostats but it didn't do anything.

It would be one heck of a coincidence if they both chose to die on the same weekend after about 18 months of use so I have to believe there is a common cause. I am wondering if there might have been a software update over the weekend that has introduced a problem into thermostats? Does anyone know if thermostats were recently updated?

Has anyone else experienced a problem recently with thermostats just dying?

Or does anyone have any other ideas what it might be?
    Last edited by adv; 08-14-2018, 07:53 AM.

Probably not any software updates.
    They can't be updated remotely. You need the firmware file and a programmer. Connected to the programming pads on the PC Board.

Did you check verify the heating gear had power?
    Last edited by BLH; 08-15-2018, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Yes, both pieces of equipment have power. After some searching we reset both thermostats and the conventional one attached to a warehouse heater seems fine. But the heat pump attached to our office heat/cool unit is still inoperable. Nothing shows on the screen.

Comment

Working...
      X