Wireless Thermostat with external power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Thermostat with external power

I have a wireless thermostat (Model 2732-432, UK version with a UK Hub) with external power connected If I am reading the manual correctly this should enable the thermostat to send temperature updates more frequently. Also the iPad/iPhone app should now be able to read the temperature from a always-on wireless thermostat (based on the version change descriptions on the Apple Store). So far though, that does not appear to be the case.

Has anyone succeeded here? If you did - what is the 'trick'?

Thank you.

I just added an always powered wireless thermostat to the Hub and the Hub correctly displays the temperature and humidity (that's a surprise). I didn't use any trick. You may want to delete and re-add the thermostat.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem.
      I do not have a wired thermostat; in my house I bought just the wireless thermostat in order to get temperature value and, accordingly, turn on/off some INSTEON microcontroller.

I have the sensation that thermostat and HUB do not talk to each other.
      I called the support and they suggested me to use an external power. I did so.
      The result is still that thermostat shows 27° and on my Android APP I read 0°. When I try to heat-up selecting HEAT and manually turning up temperature, I receive the following ERROR: "Temperature could not be set".

Any experience on this?

Comment

Are you able to verify the external power supply is providing the correct voltage and is plugged into an always-on outlet?

Comment

Yes, the socket is an always-on socket.
          The power supply is working fine since it switch-on the thermostat even without batteries. It's a 5 Volt power supply, ampere....at the moment I do not remember and I am in the office.

Any other suggestion?

Comment

If the thermostat itself displays 27º, then it may be set to ºC instead of ºF.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

It is on °C since I am using it in Italy and that's the used SM.
              Still didn't fix my issue

Comment

I actually fixed my case replacing the wireless thermostat with a wired one.
                The wireless thermostat doesn't seem to be working with the hub/APP. There is no way I could view the temperature from the APP due to some communication problem between thermostat and hub. It's not a pathloss/obstacle problem, it's more likely to be a protocol/communication problem.
                With the wired thermostat I am now able to view temperature and set "mode".

The only issue now is that I need to refresh plenty of times the APP before it gets updated with curent temperature. Reading on the forum it seems to be a spread problem

Comment

Working...
                X