Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where is the insteon thermostat compatible with heatpump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is the insteon thermostat compatible with heatpump?

anyone knows what happen with this?
    https://www.smarthome.com/insteon-27...heat-pump.html

I need one...

lol, I came to the forum to ask this very question. I know Nest was Insteon and heat pump compatible but with Google-Nest change I'm not sure anymore.

Comment

the heating compagny I work with does not recommand the nest. they tried it a few times with heat pump and they had issues.

Comment

I would really like to stick with insteon. simple. on app...
        so where is the insteon thermostat for heat pump?

Comment

That was discontinued quite some time ago

Comment

I can't find any heat pump compatible thermostats that specifically indicate Insteon compatibility. I talked to Ecobee customer service and they no longer offer an Insteon compatible thermostat. I was unable to determine if the Ventstar Explorer or Color Touch work with Insteon specifically. Their literature just indicates there is home automation compatibility via Z-Wave. I haven't determined if an Insteon hub can see or control a Z-Wave device but I'm leaning to no or limited. Hopefully someone else will chime in on that.
            I have an automatic search on Ebay for a used Insteon 2732-242 thermostat but none have ever surfaced. YMMV

Comment

The HUB will not do Z-Wave.
              The ISY994i can do Z-Wave if it has the Z-Wave daughter board in it. Along with Insteon and X10.

Comment

Working...
              X