Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

False Repeated/Continuous Triggering of Alerts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False Repeated/Continuous Triggering of Alerts?

I recently installed an Open/Close sensor on one of my storm doors. It was working fine for the first 2 weeks, but for the past 3-4 days, the sensor will occasionally start firing off a lot of e-mails alerting me that the door has been opened, when the door has most definitely been closed. Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this and how I can prevent it from happening in the future? I just had to turn off the alert altogether because I just received 30 e-mails from the Insteon system in 3 minutes alerting me to the door being opened when it was closed. Thoughts?

It's not just an adjustment problem with the position of the Sensor? Perhaps could be at the limit of the magnets field and some slight movement on the door causes this. Do you have anything else linked such as a light etc. Use this to verify that the switch is operating
    Cheers

Comment

I second Ding Ducks comment about ensuring the magnet is with in the specified distance of 0.5". Keeping in mind the magnet with the arrow must also be facing the main housing with the arrow too.

I've seen a few people ignore this and surprisingly the device still worked! Albeit very erratically for the entire duration of the install. If confirming the proper placement and install I would hard reset the device outlined by the full users manual and see if it resolves the issue.

1. Remove battery for 15 seconds.
      2. While pressing down the set button insert the battery.
      3. Once the LED lights up release the set button.
      4. The Open-Close sensor is now reset to its OEM state.
      Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Is the storm door steel? Which side has the magnet, the door or the frame? Is the frame wood? Does the storm door latch automatically?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
        X