Open/close sensor terrible range + dual-band IRLinc not extending RF signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open/close sensor terrible range + dual-band IRLinc not extending RF signal

I've got two open/close sensors (2843-xxx devices with firmware rev. 40) with range under 20 feet. They are advertised to 150 feet. They are happily linked to my hub, and I can watch the open/close signal on my Macintosh when I am holding the sensor and magnets near the computer. As I slowly walk backwards, they stop working at about twenty feet, and their LED keeps blinking indefinitely. Has anyone else experienced the poor range, or did I get two bad ones? I am not running any microwave ovens or other devices I think might cause interference. A third open/close sensor has been working great for over three years, but I never checked it's range (mounted about 12 feet from the hub).

Rather than buy a Range Extender, I bought an IRLinc Transmitter 2411T since I wanted to automate a stereo near the back door anyway. It is plugged-into an outlet, and my hub can communicate with it. However, it does NOT extend the open/close sensor. I can operate the sensor by moving the magnet next to it, and watching the small green LED blink, and the signal never reaches my hub. If I walk over to the computer/hub, the sensor works great. Am I mistaken about the dual-band IRLinc's repeater capabilities, or am I doing something wrong? Again, my hub already sees the IRLinc, but never sees the open/close sensor signal next to it.

Any suggestions or tricks to extend the range of the open/close sensor?

The 2411T is not Dual Band. It is strictly a power line interfaced Insteon Module.
    The RF commands from the 2843-222 Open Closed Sensor. Will not be received by it.

Comment

Working...
    X