Hub unable to find the open/close sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub unable to find the open/close sensor

Anyone have tips on ho to add open/close sensors to the setup. I tried adding open/close sensors and motion sensors and my hub cannot add them. I dont see them on my hub app on my adroid phone. Anyone else see this issue?

The preferred procedure is to place a battery powered device in linking mode prior to even starting to add it to the Hub. You have about four minutes.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I have tha same issue, i put the baterry before start adding it to the hub, with no luck.
      I tried in many orders. First putting in link mode, then start the adding process, no luck.
      first starting the adding process then putting the sensor in link mode the hub beeps then the led change from green to blue , no luck.
      always the hub beeps and the led change from green to blue

Comment

I had the same problem. I reset the sensor by removing the battery, waiting 30 Seconds, then while holding the button insert battery, after a short while the LED will flash, release the button and leave for a minute to fully start. Then go back to normal set up procedure. It worked for me.

Comment

Same problem here. I have four open/close sensors. Two of them worked out of the box and never had any problem; one worked once, then lost connection after a few weeks and I haven't been bale to reconnect it since; the fourth one never worked. The symptoms are the same, I enter the linking mode on the sensor, the Hub light blinks, but Hub never finds the sensor. I've tried to reset the sensor, but it made no difference. It's not a range issue, since the working sensors are in the other side of the house with respect to the Hub and the non-working sensors are one in the same room and the other one just next door.

Comment

I've found the range on these things suck. Have you tried adding/linking them near your hub, then seeing if they work at the desired location? I've had two units with range under 20 feet.

Comment

Working...
            X