Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2450 I/O Link to Scene - Can I make it *ON* only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2450 I/O Link to Scene - Can I make it *ON* only?

I'm using a 2450 I/O Link with my Honeywell Alarm Panel to turn all of the house lights on if the alarm triggers. The wiring is straightforward: Alarm Panel Trigger -> Relay -> 2450 I/O Link Sensor Input -> Insteon Scene.

The issue I'm having is that the 2450 send both an *ON* scene command when the sensor contact closes and and *OFF* scene command when the sensor contact opens. Can I configure this so that it only sends the *ON* command? or alternatively have the scene only be a responder to the on command?

The reason why is that the alarm panel closes the relay for 2 seconds (and only 2 seconds) when the alarm goes off. This works perfectly for activating the scene (to turn the lights on) .... but unfortunately turns all of the lights off 2 seconds later when the relay contact opens again.

As such - trying to get the Insteon 2450 to send the "off" command to the scene when the sensor opens.

Any suggestions?

What controller are you using? The more information you provide about your setup the better we can assist you

Comment

Same question. I just purchased a 2843-222 v3 and I want it to only send an ON when it opens and not send anything when it closes. I want to install the sensor on the front door and have the hall lights come on (controlled by Insteon wall switch) when I come home and stay on when I close the door. Right now the lights come on and then go off as soon as I close the door.

The instructions (http://cache.insteon.com/documentati...-222-en-v3.pdf) clearly describe this setup in the "Multi-Scene Mode" section, yet Insteon support tells me this feature does not exist any more.

Comment

Working...
      X