Multiple Motion Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Motion Sensors

I want to have one dimmer controlled by two motion sensors, one a the top of the stairs and one at the bottom. Is there a way to do this? When I pair the second motion sensor, the first one stops working. Newbie...

Are you using any type of controller to do the linking or are you using the manual set button routines?
    Are the motion sensors the earlier Insteon model or the 2842-222 latest Insteon Motion Sensor II?

Comment

Thanks much for the quick responses. I think I was a little premature. It appears to be working now. I used the manual set buttons, and the motion sensors are the 2842-222 models.The hub I have is a 2245-222. I couldn't figure out a way to program the motion sensors using it. Would I need the ISY to do what you are suggesting, TFitzpatri8?

Comment

At this moment. The newer 2842-222 Motion Sensor II models are not supported yet. By the ISY994i series controllers.

Comment

I'm trying to get the battery status from the newer Insteon Motion II PIRs - 2844-222. It doesn't seem to be sending a group message indicating battery status - yet the older 2842-222 is sending battery along w/dusk. I'm specifically attempting to do so via Home Assistant.
          Last edited by INSTEON John; 01-27-2023, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X