Motion Sensor II ***** Now Discontinued ********

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor II ***** Now Discontinued ********

Insteon informed me today that they've discontinued the newer Motion Sensor II due to lackluster demand. Its not a "Supply Chain Issue". We've been abandoned. Does anyone have a viable alternate vendor for replacement?

Nooooo!! That thing was awsome. Motion, light level, temperature, even earth quakes if plugged in. Maybe demand would have been better if they supported it's features. Or, simply told us how it works so we could support it for them.

Comment

I fear that it is not the only Insteon device being discontinued. After the world wide parts shortages are a thing of the past.
      Now that Nokia is partnering with Smartlabs. Who knows what is going to happen.

Comment

Is there any alternative to detect motion outside and then send a signal to various Insteon devices inside and outside to turn on?

Had a couple of their old motion sensors that worked outdoors, but they died after 7 years use. In dire need of an alternative.

Comment

If it isn't an Insteon motion sensing device. That uses the Insteon RF frequency and signaling protocol.
          Then you would not be able to directly control Insteon devices.
          Maybe a motion sensor with a dry contact output. Through a I/OLinc or maybe a Open/Closed Sensor's external input. If you could still find any. They also seem to be no longer available.

Comment

It's a sad commentary, but I'm actually encouraged that Insteon communicated any product plans to a customer.

Comment

I am in dire need of a couple Insteon motion sensors. I feel abandoned.

Comment

I can’t believe Insteon discontinued the motion detectors. This is the 3rd product that I ha e had if their’s that they have discontinued.
                I think if the company needed a subscription to survive then do it.
                The camera’s were great and they dropped them.
                to me, before they drop a product they ought to have a product that will work with their system.
                Very disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                X