Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motion Sensor II - 'Motion LED ON/OFF' doesn't work with battery power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor II - 'Motion LED ON/OFF' doesn't work with battery power?

I have several Motion Sensor II devices that I've been using with USB Power for a while.. I have an Insteon Hub, and have used the Hub to change the 'Motion LED ON/OFF' settings to be OFF - I use these in bedrooms and a media room and as such don't want flashing LEDs all of the time.. Recently I decided to move the locations of the Motion Sensor II devices, and had to switch to battery power rather than USB. Since making this change to battery power, the LEDs flash periodically. I've tried getting brand new fresh batteries but this didn't help.

I've tried full device reset and reconfiguration - but no luck.. One additional note - I use Mac software called Indigo Domotics (using PLM) rather than Insteon Hub for controlling my system. However, I use the Insteon Hub in order to set the Motion LED OFF, and subsequently remove the Motion Sensor from the Hub.. I've also tested this by removing the Indigo PLM linking, with the Motion Sensor IIs ONLy setup for the Insteon Hub.. Still no luck and the LEDs flash

Any tips? Or are these devices just not meeting specs?

On battery power. The module goes into a battery power saving mode. It can not be written to when in power saving mode.

When on USB power it does not go into the power saving mode and that is why you could write to it.

Comment

Actually the Motion Sensor II seems fine for detecting motion for both USB and Battery Power. However, my question is specifically regarding the flashing LEDs for the device - the Insteon Hub allows you to change the settings on the MSII for 'Motion LED ON/OFF' .. Even when this toggle is OFF - the LEDs flash when on battery power. My understanding is that with Motion LED OFF the lights should only flash for some type of error condition or low battery alert..

My preference is to make all of these as inert as possible - I don't want flashing LEDs while I am watching movies in a TV room or walking thru a bedroom late at night

Comment

If the Motion Sensor is on battery power. It is asleep and the HUB can not write any changes to it. Motion detection does still work.

I suppose you could turn the LED actions off and keep it that way. You should be able to write to it. If you hold its set button until it goes into the linking/programming mode.
        Last edited by BLH; 06-21-2020, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X