Glitchy Triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glitchy Triggering

I have had the MSII for a while now and have been troubleshooting an issue with its reaction time. I am using it in a dark hallway with doors on either end of the wall to control an Insteon light switch. The issue is that the response is not consistence. When I open the door, with the motion sensor facing the door, at times the light will come on instantly as the sensor would detect motion and send an on signal to the switch. Others times i'll open the door and it will be a few seconds before the light comes on, and I'll be half way down a dark hallway before the light finally comes on. I have tried linking the sensor directly to the switch and by controlling it through the Insteon Hub, but both outcomes are the same. Can anyone help me with this?

I had one start doing this, I hard reset it and all was well.

Comment

Did you have to remove it's link to all other devices before resetting or did it not matter?

Comment

It didn't matter, you just re-link as appropriate afterwards and it overwrites the old links. Though in my case I have an ISY, so it was a simple right click Restore Device for me.

Comment

Working...
        X