Motions Sensor II Failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motions Sensor II Failure?

This is sort of an epilogue to this thread...the Motion Sensor II in my Master Bath seems to have failed. I say that because it's not controlling its load or triggering events. It does not send an "on" signal, at least not according to my HomeSeer log. But...it flashes its LED appropriately, both buttons seem to work, the battery is full...and...when I ping it from the HomeSeer Insteon Plug-in, it responds100% of the time. What the heck...???
    I am having intermittent failures with just about ALL my MS IIs. This has been true since I started installing them about a year ago, replacing my original
    Jim Speiser
    Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

That behavior would be consistent with the PLM loosing the link to the motion sensor.

Test the motion by manually linking it to something then trigger the motion to see if the device responds. If it does the plm likely lost the link or something removed it.
    Last edited by SteveL; 08-01-2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Compliance. Standby for results.
      Jim Speiser
      Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

Comment

Sonofagun, the direct link works.

So, what do I do in HomeSeer to refresh the link database?
        Jim Speiser
        Payson, Arizona

Comment

One option is to remove and re-add the motion into homeseer

Comment

OK. But this MS triggers events in HS. Will I have to redefine those, since it will have a new ref #?
            Last edited by JimSpy; 08-01-2019, 01:32 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling
            Jim Speiser
            Payson, Arizona

Comment

You can ask HS if they have a restore option for a device.

another option might be to try adding it again without deleting it first. A blue collar way that might work is to press and hold the set button on the plm for 5 seconds and then do the same in the motion. See if HS can now see the traffic from the motion
              Last edited by SteveL; 08-01-2019, 04:19 PM.

Comment

OK, thanks.
                Jim Speiser
                Payson, Arizona

Comment

Compliance.
                  Success.
                  Gratitude.
                  Jim Speiser
                  Payson, Arizona

Comment

Have a go at migrating the sensor that is falling flat with another sensor that isn't fizzling. This will let you know whether it is an issue with the area of the sensor or in the event that it is an issue with the sensor itself.

Comment

Working...
                    X