Motion Sensor II Very Unreliable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor II Very Unreliable

I am having intermittent failures with just about ALL my MS IIs. This has been true since I started installing them about a year ago, replacing my original MSs.

The comm reliability seems to be around 60 - 75% for all of them...except for the one that is not linked to a device but works through event programming in HomeSeer (and it is the most reliable!)

I do not use a hub. I use a PLM and HomeSeer, with Mark Sandler's Insteon plug-in. I see no problem with any of those.

The old MSs were completely reliable. Old, ugly, less sophisticated...but they worked just about every time.

Pressing the SET button on the MS II almost always does work.

Any suggestions?

Jim Speiser
    Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

Looks like I stumped the experts again?
    Jim Speiser
    Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

Comment

JimSpy,

I’m guessing the reason why there wasn’t any response
      is because of the lack of info around your Device issues.

If you want I can give you a call and discuss. Just email
      me your phone number. slee@insteon.com

Steve
      Last edited by SteveL; 05-14-2019, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveL View Post
        JimSpy,

I’m guessing the reason why there wasn’t any response
        is because of the lack of info around your Device issues.

If you want I can give you a call and discuss. Just email
        me your phone number. slee@insteon.com

Steve
        That's very kind of you, and sorry for the late response. I've just been swamped lately, and still can't see daylight, but I may catch a break this Friday or Saturday, if you don't mind my encroaching on your holiday. I will email my phone number by then.

Thanks.
        Jim Speiser
        Payson, Arizona

Comment

Sure, anytime

Comment

Wanted to thank you publicly for your help last weekend. Beyond the call of duty! For the moment I am solving it through creating a "failsafe" event for each. If the direct link doesn't work, the HomeSeer event does every time. But that's inelegant, and so when I catch a break I will try the other things we talked about.

PS: One solution we didn't talk about....bringing in the Ghost Adventures guys. That's on my list as a last resort!
            Jim Speiser
            Payson, Arizona

Comment

Working...
            X