motion sensor 2842-222 mounting bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motion sensor 2842-222 mounting bracket

since you need to change the battery and/or access the set button and jumpers over the lifetime of the unit.....

how do you get it off the bracket without breaking anything?

our mounting brackets fit so tightly that we don’t even know if we can even get the sensors onto the bracket. we used the sensors at our previous home and attached them to the walls with command strips. we now need to mount them at an angle and the brackets would handle that nicely.

thanks for any suggestions or advice.

the sensor slides on to bracket from left to right, the small rectangle plastic slides in to groove on back of sensor.It is a tight ,
    I have noticed when removing it can miss- adjust the sensor so I slightly sanded 2 sides of the mount tab down a little so it just slides on easily and left the cover screw off so as not to always carry a small screwdriver around making a big project out of changing battery.

Comment

that did the trick. thanks!

Comment

I'm missing several brackets that screw into the wall. Any ideas on where I might be able to get any? Larry

Comment

You looking for the mounting bracket for the older 2420M/2842-222 Motion Sensor? Made by SKYLINK for Insteon? Where the sensor slides onto the bracket from the side?

You may want to see if you can search for a bracket for the Skylink PS-434 Motion Sensor. I have a Skylink PS-434 in my stash and the bracket is the same and fits one of my spare original Insteon Motion Sensors.

The new 2844-222 Motion Sensor II. I believe it is made by the Insteon folks so you would have to ask them.
          Last edited by BLH; 08-20-2019, 07:12 AM. Reason: Add information

Comment

I like these sensors. I bought four of them to replace four X10 motion sensors that I've been using for almost 10 years. The X10 ones were always a bit flakey, and I'm happy to report the the Insteon ones work much better. They are easier to set up also. I was a bit disappointed to find out that they use more expensive 9-volt batteries, compared to the AAA batteries that the X10 equivalents use, but it may be a fair trade-off for the increased usefulness.

Comment

You must have the original motion sensor. Made by SkyLink. It took the 9V battery.
              The newer 2844-222 takes a CR123A 3V cell.

Comment

Working...
              X