Stop daily leak sensor heartbeat texts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop daily leak sensor heartbeat texts?

I get daily heartbeat texts from the leak sensors. "End of Leak Event HB - Leak Sensor". Does anyone know if this is normal and if I can turn it off? I want to be notified of a leak and end of leak but I don't need a daily heartbeat verification.

I recently set up my new hub and 3 leak sensors (along with some other Insteon gadgets) and have been getting these odd texts as well. I've been pouring over the documentation and verifying everything is configured properly in both the Insteon App and Houselink...but can't seem to figure out the problem. I'm glad to know someone else is having the same problem, now I can stop banging my head on the desk!

​...here are some additional details, just in case this helps the investigation 😉
    ​- 3 Leak sensors (2852-222) , each uniquely named and configured to alert on a wet event (dry alerts are disabled)
    - each morning I receive 3 text (as described above)
    ​- the time reported in the text coincides with the time recorded in the logs for the heartbeat
    ​- I've tested and confirmed that a wet alert is sent (sms) and that a dry alert is not

​Hope someone can help resolve this ASAP as the wife isn't too happy about being woken up at 6am for false alarms... and she is ready to pull the plug on my funding for this project.

Comment

Mine have stopped. I've removed and readded them. That seemed to help. The next step, if on a windows app, go to alerts and touch the alert TEXT rather than the on / of switch. This will allow you to customize the text it sends and phone numbers / emails. This seemed to do the trick for me. And no, it isn't even remotely obvious that you can touch the text for more details.

Comment

I received the activation Insteon email and text but am not getting any alert messages

Comment

I have had a hub with several sensors for awhile and all has worked well. I have been getting text message alerts as set up with door sensor. However, as of March 1st I stopped getting text messages. I have tried all kinds of settings on the App for the insteon hub in windows with no success. It says my alerts are on, the correct phone number is in place yet I can't get my alerts. What is wrong? How can I get my text alerts back?

Comment

The Hub app has been updated to allow only push notifications and email alerts. You should have received an email about the update.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I'm sorry. I don't have the email. So what does that mean? Do I get to have messages on my phone or not? I have windows phone 8.1. If so, How do I get them to work? My app on windows pc and windows phone still has the option for text messages and asks for my phone number so is there an updated app I don't have that your are referring to?
              Last edited by iluvuk; 03-28-2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

The email came to the account I registered with from news@insteon.com on Friday. Might check your spam folder, or make sure that is in your OK list. What it said was
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Push Notifications

iOS and Android apps now support Push Notifications for receiving alerts. Be sure to enable Push Notifications for the Insteon app by flipping the Push Notification switch under your mobile device's system settings.

As part of our support for Push Notifications, Insteon will be discontinuing support for SMS alerts. We endeavor to keep our promise of no monthly fees; switching to Push Notifications will provide you with a better alert experience and help keep the services we provide free of charges.

In the next release of Android and iOS, the ability to configure SMS alerts will be removed. Windows and Windows Phone will temporarily be limited to email alerts until an update is released to enable Push Notifications.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Insteon Support.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                You, as I am, are using Windows Phone, so the last bit is important. What I would like to know is whether the noted 'update' that needs to be released as an Insteon update or a Windows Phone update? I was checking out Insteon with a Starter kit, and a few additions, based on their commitment to Windows and Windows Phone announced some time back. Insteon is even available at the Microsoft stores. I am not seeing a real commitment to Windows Phone. The hub app is lacking features and late with updates and additions compared with Android and iOS. Been holding off fully investing in the technology to see if anything changes.

Comment

I checked my SPAM and received no such e-mail ... although I do know how to send texts anyway despite that (I'm on Verizon, so [10digitnumber]@vtext.com will send it just fine. I'm also a Windows Phone user, so less than helpful move.

​Anyway, besides removing and re-adding, which I've already tried, how does one make the HB alerts disappear?

Comment

Working...
                  X