Leak sensor activates but won't shut off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leak sensor activates but won't shut off

Has anyone had the problem of the leak sensor not deactivating ? When I test it, it sends a text, the way it should but when I remove it from the water, it continues to send the text for hours. Has anyone figured out how to reset it ?

Tap the set button a couple of times.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

That didn't work either. I can't even get it to clear in the phone. It constantly says there's a leak even when the sensor has been dry for three days. And it won't activate a second time. I put it back in a wet location and it just sits there. This is the second sensor. The first one didn't work either.

Comment

You only got the contacts on the bottom of the case wet?
        It is not waterproof so it can't be dunked completely into water.

Comment

Try a Factory Reset as described in the Owner's Manual.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I've setup a leak sensor and it "trips" just fine and sends email when moisture is detected. But the action is like a "mousetrap" as far as the Android software is concerned. Once the sensor is dry, the "End of Leak Event" message is never sent. Acting like a "mousetrap", never reporting that a dry condition has returned makes the device less useful. One has to press the button on the sensor to clear the wet event.

In addition, if one checks with for the status of the sensor in the Android app, clicking on the "refresh" status icon, the app acknowledges the dry condition has occurred. So why not reset acknowledge? Having the press the button on the sensor to reset the "mousetrap" is not very helpful, and makes the device useless in my circumstance. Help? A solution?

Comment

According to the quick start guide that comes with the sensor, the behavior you are experiencing is how it is supposed to work. Once wet, you have to tap the set button to clear it

Comment

You have confirmed my point, that sadly this is the way the unit works. Like a "mousetrap", once triggered, someone needs to push the button on the sensor to reset it. Even if the water or moisture that tripped the unit dries up, the Insteon app still says "Wet" until someone presses the button. Too bad if sensor is unattended, or in a location where there isn't someone to press the button.

And pressing the button: what does it do? If the moisture dries up and you use the Insteon app to read and refresh the sensor status, it says "Dry" even before the button is pressed. So why not let this status change reset the "mousetrap" without having to press the button? Certainly would make the device more useful. Looks to me like a software issue that could be "fixed" or choices on reset behavior could be provided.

Comment

Working...
                X