Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get Houselinc to recognize a motion sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get Houselinc to recognize a motion sensor?

I have a Houselinc system and several motion sensors. I have created houslinc events set to trigger on a motion sensor input. It has worked previously.
    But now when I pull the icon for the sensor from the device column to the trigger area on the program, the programs says that it is unrecognized.
    I have deleted and reinstalled the sensor into the equipment list and have ensured that there is a nearby access point to pass the RF to the power lines.
    The sensor has a new battery and appears to react to motion.
    ​I just can't figure out how to get the program to 'recognize' the sensor. Any ideas of how to initialize this gadget into Houselinc would be appreciated.

Yes to both questions.
    Previously, in an earlier release, I saw the three options in the drop down list, but they had no function that I could see at that time.
    Instead, for that SW version, I just dragged the entire icon to the trigger field. I have not reinstalled it since Version 35 was released. The Prior version seemed to work OK.
    ​For the current SW Version, it carefully said to wait for it to synchronize... and I did. I waited until the flags indicated it was sync'ed. But the result was the same.
    I've now tried to install it several times. Behavior is unchanged.
    In each installation, I let it sync and then tried to drag the icon to the trigger point. But in this Version, the Icon now has a black circle with a line thru it and will not drag. The Motion line did go as did the battery and dusk/dawn parts too.
    Once accepted into the trigger area, the program identified it as an "unrecognized device" and would not give me the option of editing the parameters for use.
    I have since repeated deleting and reinstalling it several times. Same result.
    I'm stumped. I have researched how to do it but can find no suggestions about how it works with Houselinc.
    ​I'd also like to read more about the device than what is available. It seems to have a variety of 'flashing' modes and signals, but don't know what they all mean.
    Thanks for any help you can offer.
    ​Gary

Comment

V35 is a broken Beta release.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

OK, thanks for that .... But now, what should I do? Reinstall a previous version? Is it possible to de-install a version ... or do I simply try to reinstall a previous version?
        ​Last, do you know what happened in V35? what works, doesn't work, etc.
        Thank you
        Gary

Comment

Uninstall the V35 version first. You won't lose anything. All devices, scenes and events should remain intact. V25 id the latest public version, V29 is the latest working Beta.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Is there a procedure for uninstalling it? Or should I just use the windows uninstaller? if so, then, how is the correct device file loaded?

Comment

Use the Windows uninstaller. If you did not elect to change the default location on the original install, then the new install will find the old files.

Comment

Working...
              X