Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add push notifications from leak sensor

Wow, it sure is quiet in here.

Trying to enable push notifications with the Insteon app. Support is no help.

Click device
    Click "Notifications Disabled >"
    Click the slider for "Push Notification"
    Click Save

The result is this error:

Screenshot_20210526-174113_Insteon.jpg

Why?! I mean...push notifications are super simple, not much configuration needed than that!

When I try to create an Email Notification (undesirable), I get the same exact error. This occurs no matter if I choose "WHEN SENSOR SEES ACTIVITY" or "WHEN SENSOR ACTIVITY ENDS".

Reason I ask is that somehow my whole house water valve shut off and we had no water. I re-activated it and all was fine. I walked through the entire fricking house, checking each Insteon water leak sensor, but all were dry.

It would sure have been nice to know who the culprit was right when it happened. Arghhhh

I added a leak sensor and set up push and email with out issue today. I was also able to trigger the sensor and get both notifications.

Maybe try to remove and re-add the sensor? ...or you might ask Insteon to refresh the alert token as it might have expired. If you get a newbie just ask them to escalate the issue.

Comment

Well that's a good data point, thanks for the information. No matter what device I try to enable push notifications on, it just doesn't work and fails immediately with that message.
      This is all of course using the "new" app on Android (v1.0.3 last updated September 29, 2020)...
      I will try asking support, though I honestly think they only have ONE support member...some guy named Martin.
      Last edited by Gunn; 05-29-2021, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I have several leak sensors, in two different homes. The notifications setup and triggering has been working fine for me (though I do on occasion lose the ability to sense or manage the device which requires a delete and re-add. But that's a separate issue)

Comment

All my leak sensors are not connected to the hub after the new owner rebooted.

Comment

Looking for leak detectors. Sealed only.

Comment

Working...
            X