Open Close Sensor on 2 Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Close Sensor on 2 Doors

I have 2 doors on my closet. I am trying to use 2 open/close sensors with 1 on/off controller. The light goes off when one of the door closes . Is there any way around this? I want the light to stay on until the last door is closed.

Pleas describe you setup details?
    Open/Closed sensors. Like the battery operated ones they sell or external magnetic switches on the doors?
    What on/off controller I/OLinc maybe.

Comment

I am using:
      Qty 1 Insteon Remote Control Plug-in On/Off Module 2635-222
      Qty 2 Insteon Open/Close Sensor 2843-222
      Qty 1 Insteon Hub Central Controller 2245-222

I am trying to use the 2 open/close sensors with 1 on/off controller. The light goes off when one of the door closes . Is there any way around this? I want the light to stay on until the last door is closed.

Comment

Thank you for the added information.
        I don't believe the HUB can do conditionals. Where both Open/Closed Sensors have to be off. It sounds like either one when it sends the off. Turns off the On/Off module.
        Maybe someone with more HUB experience may have more details.

The open/closed sensor does have an external magnetic switch input. You could get two magnetic switches that are closed when the magnet is next to it and connect them in series. So both would have to be closed before the On/Off Module sees the off. In that case only one Open/Closed Sensor is used with each door having a magnetic switch on it.

Comment

Working...
        X