Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to get a LOW Battery notification or tell if the battery is dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way to get a LOW Battery notification or tell if the battery is dead?

I have several motion detectors, lamp modules, open-close and leak sensors all connected to the Hub which works fine from my iPhone App. I also installed the new Windows 10 "Insteon for Hub" App on my computer. Is there any way either through my phone or computer to check the battery status of my devices. My open-close sensor evidently has not been working for a while without me knowing it and also one of my motion detectors. I would assume when turning Alerts on or off it would give me a heads-up that it is not working but instead allows me to turn the alerts on and off with no notification. Unless I physically test each device periodically, I have no way of telling if they are working properly or not. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have over 100 insteon devices in my home, but only 3 battery powered leak sensors. I don't know about other Insteon battery powered devices, but the leak sensors have a heartbeat that you can check for. I use an ISY994i controller and I just created a program that checks for a heartbeat once a day. It then sends me an e-mail each day indicating if the heartbeat detection was successful or not.

Comment

Working...
    X