X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link Range Extender

http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/2992-222qs.pdf
    page 3-page 6
    I use 3 Range Extender, should I link 3 Range Extender (Bridge)?

No The 2992-222 Range Extender and 2443 Access Points don't get linked to anything.
    The Beacon or Four Tap Communications Tests. Just verify if they are on the same or opposite phase and can communicate.

You may find that not all three you have can reach both of the other two and at least one on each phase is communicating to each other.
    Last edited by BLH; 03-25-2015, 03:39 AM.

Comment

I am also confused and in need of light on this same issue. Need help. My Ascension Employee Portal
      Last edited by Linda5638; 10-20-2022, 08:39 PM.

Comment

What questions may you have?
        Both the Range Extender and Access Points do not get linked to each other.
        They communicate with each other as sold.
        The built in beacon or communications test. Should show what is talking to what. Also if they on the same or opposite phase of the home.
        You may not have every module communicating with every other one. Just every module talks to at least one other one.
        Early Access Points. With the White LED used a flash pattern. To indicate communications and phase to other modules.
        Also Dual Band module will also act like a signal enhancer and have a communications test in it. To show what it is communicating with and phase relation. So they are not needed as frequently as with the older power line only modules.
        The link in the earlier post. No longer works. As Smarthome is gone. A web search should still find it for you if you need it.
        Last edited by BLH; 10-20-2022, 03:34 AM. Reason: Add information

Comment

Working...
        X