Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a Outdoor module model 2634-222 that has no life..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Outdoor module model 2634-222 that has no life..

This would be my 2nd outdoor module. The first one that I got I sent back because I thought it was broken. Now this one is doing the same thing. It has no life what so ever. I have tired to reset it lots of times but no luck and my hub ( model 2245-222) works with all my other in door plug in's. Am I doing something wrong with the setup? OR is there a easy fix that can be done to get it to work???

Thanks!

I have no idea what you are doing wrong (or right) because I have no idea what you are doing. Specifically, how are you resetting the module? Do you have anything plugged in when you try a reset? If so, what kind of load? At any time, does the status LED turn on or off? If it does, what color does it show? Solid or blinking?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I am resetting it by what the users manual says. Well the manual called it a factory reset. No I don't have anything in it when I am resetting I could try that next time and get back to you. The LED stays off all the time no change what so ever. and I do know the outlet is live.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

If the LED is always Off. Even after a Factory reset and the outlet is verified OK.
        It has probably died and you should see if it is warranty for an exchange.

Comment

Thank you. That is what I thought also. and I got it on ebay with no return. So I am going to put this up on a shelf to remind me never to buy any insteon from eBay again.

Comment

I've had success buying Insteon on eBay. But no return is a no no for me. BTW, eBay's good if you receive a dead item even if the seller won't comply.
            Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
            Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Just a update. I message the person that sold me the plug and they let me return it (they even paid for shipping) I think I am going to lay low on ebay for now when it comes to Insteon things.

Comment

Working...
              X