Are outdoor on/off modules dual-mesh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are outdoor on/off modules dual-mesh?

I have two outdoor on/off modules located within 6 inches of one-another, plugged into different 110V outlets. One works; the other doesn't. It's not a problem with the modules themselves; swapping them causes the one that doesn't work to work. It's about the outlets, not about the modules. But, if these are dual-mesh, shouldn't they connect via RF?

I believe the outlets are on different circuits and on different phases of your electrical panel. Insteon used to sell a phase coupler, to help line signals cross the different electrical phases.
    See old forum post, below is the last post on that topic. Hope it helps.

Yes, a load controller will bridge the powerline. So will an pair of dual-band devices placed on opposite legs (there's a test for that). And the load controllers are dual-band themselves and are already on opposite legs.

But all Insteon signals that originate on one leg that send or receive signals to or from a device on the opposite leg must cross a bridge. Most dual-band devices can accomplish that. But in the event that RF is impeded, then the signal must travel from the controller to the panel and from the panel to the responder. A hard-wired coupler shortens that path. I have one on each of our two panels. It's an easy installation as you already have a coupler in place

https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main...-phase-coupler
    Share Science - Share Knowledge - Share Kindness

Comment

Working...
    X