LampLinc 2457D2 R3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LampLinc 2457D2 R3.6

I’m using the load sense feature in a scenario where I have a floor lamp on one side of the room plugged into the above noted LampLinc. When we turn the light on using the switch in the base of the lamp it turns on the INSTEON LED bulb in a table lamp across the room. It always works (well, my wife manages to mess it up once in a while, but I haven’t figured out how yet). However, while we’re sitting in the room watching TV the table lamp will randomly turn on for a second and then turn off by itself. I did figure out that it is the LampLinc that is somehow getting triggered for a second and the rule fires. At first I thought it was only happening when we turned our entertainment system on (on the same breaker circuit). The TV, Receiver, and set top box all turn on within a second or so and I assumed that was putting a draw on the circuit that was tripping the load sense. But now we’ve noticed that it happens completely randomly.

Any ideas?
    iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2 - Insteon 1.13.1 Build 317
    LG G3 Android 5.1.1 - Insteon Stage App 1.8.9 Build 210
    LG G Pad Android 5.1.1 - Insteon Stage App 1.8.9 Build 210
    No Root, No Jailbreak, all device completely stock

Stage Hub2-V04 FW 5697

How did you get Load-Sensing on the LampLinc to control a different device (i.e., Insteon LED bulb)?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

• twherion1202
      twherion1202 commented
      Editing a comment
      Created a scene in the app.
      Set the LampLinc as "Both" instead of responder or controller.
      Set the Bulb as responder
      Then when I turn the manual toggle on the lamp itself and the LampLinc picks up the load it also triggers the bulb.

A scene and load sensing are different. The Owner's Manual describes how to turn load sensing on or off.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

• twherion1202
      twherion1202 commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not want to turn load sense off. That is what makes the scene work. I turn the lamp on, the LampLinc picks up the load and turns on allowing power to the lamp. Then the scene rule also activates and flips the bulb across the room on as well. All that is fine and working as desired.

My question is, why does the LampLinc randomly turn off when no one is touching any lamp, bulb, or keypad in the entire house?

You are correct. No device should randomly turn off. The most likely culprit is an inadvertent schedule or scene. It's easy to happen when trying things with a new device.

Delete any scene that includes the LampLinc. Schedules, too, if any include the LampLinc.

Factory reset the Lamplinc and add it back.

Comment

• twherion1202
      twherion1202 commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess that would make sense, except the LampLinc will turn off and then on 3 or 4 times in the course of 30 minutes. I never had a schedule/scene that did that. Again, no one is touching any switch/button/dimmer in the house. We're all sitting there watching TV and the lights just turn off/on by themselves 7 or 8 times in the course of a movie.

Anyway, I'm going through the process of deleting, clearing, factory resetting all devices, accounts, hub, etc again as I am getting several strange behaviors with the latest app release and I want to make sure my system is fully flushed out before I report anything.

• twherion1202
      twherion1202 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have now completely cleared all devices, deleted my account, reset the hub, and started over.

I do not have any schedules in my account at all.

However, it just did a random on/off cycle while sitting here watching TV. Is there anything else I should try?

What kind of bulb does the errant LampLinc control?

Comment

• twherion1202
      twherion1202 commented
      Editing a comment
      incandescent bulb

What is the result if you turn off load sensing?

Comment

Sorry I never replied. I did a few complete clearing cycles of the entire system back in May (reset hub, repaired devices, etc) and since then I have not had this issue.
      iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.2 - Insteon 1.13.1 Build 317
      LG G3 Android 5.1.1 - Insteon Stage App 1.8.9 Build 210
      LG G Pad Android 5.1.1 - Insteon Stage App 1.8.9 Build 210
      No Root, No Jailbreak, all device completely stock

Stage Hub2-V04 FW 5697

Comment

thx for the update

Comment

Working...
        X