Issues Programming X10 Address into 2457D2 Dimmer Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues Programming X10 Address into 2457D2 Dimmer Module

Has anyone else experienced issues programming X10 address into LampLinc modules? I am using a 2245-222 (new version) hub and the Insteon programming works fine. I then try to program the X10 address using a PalmPad Remote and TM751 RF receiver. This approach has worked programming multiple other LampLinc modules as well as Insteon Micro Dimmer Modules. I have seen this with several modules but the most recent one that DOES NOT program is marked R3.6 3614. One that DOES work is R3.5 1814 and another is 2457D2X Rex 1.6 0211. Could this be a release related issue? Programming approach was the same in all cases but only accepted for ~50% of the modules. Unfortunately I do not have the release info for those that were returned. For what it is worth, I have tried performing a factory reset which did not seem to help. Open to any suggestions.

Thanks.

From the current manual:
    Operation Modes Insteon. Versions prior to 3.6 also support X10.

Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

X10 support was officially dropped in the latest line of Insteon devices.
      I have some 2457D2R V3.4 that do accept X10.
      I also have had some 2635-222 On/Off modules accept X10 even though they are not sold to be X10 compatible.
      So any recent hardware release Insteon modules, may not accept X10.

Comment

As the manual indicates, only versions prior to 3.6 have X10 support. That's SmartLabs way of saying later versions may have support, but it's not guaranteed.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks all. I missed that subtlety in the instructions. Knew how to program these so I really have not looked at any of the recent manuals. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Insteon no longer supports x10 so it is being removed from their devices. New releases won't support x10 and devices that currently have x10 support will eventually have it removed as well

Comment

Working...
            X