Lamplinc Dual Band Dimmer - mains socket dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lamplinc Dual Band Dimmer - mains socket dead

My Lamplinc 2457D2 was controlling a circuit where there was a short. Although the Lamplinc LEDs work as expected and it responds to commands there is no power at the built-in socket.

Is there any likelihood that it is repairable?

Rick

Probably not repairable.
    Components or PC Runs are most likely damaged. Most folks would not easily find it.
    You maybe able to still use it as a Range Extender. That is a 2457D2 with its dimmer parts removed.

Comment

Many thanks for the quick response. I won't bother to try to fix it. Your suggestion of using it as a range extender is interesting (and better than just throwing it away!)
      Is there some way that I can test to see if it is doing that?
      Am I right that it just needs to be plugged in to do that job, there is no need to "Add" it to the hub etc

Rick

Comment

As a Range Extender it does not have to be added to the HUB. Though since it still has a 2457D2 ID it could be added but as you know does not work. Some of us have used the 2457D2 as a extender and didn't use the dimmer output. So we didn't do anything but plug it in.

The built in Communications test will see if it can communicate with other Dual Band Modules.

Try tapping the set button 4 times. It will start beeping and you can look at other Dual Band modules LED and see if it is flashing Red or Green. The color of the flashing LED indicates same or opposite phase. Not all Dual Band modules may flash. If the RF or power line signals don't get directly to them.

If the 4 taps don't start the test. You may have to look at the 2457D2's full manual and use the combination of set button actions and the modules LED flash pattern shown in the Local Programming Flow Chart. To start the Communications {AKA Beacon} Test.
        Last edited by BLH; 08-02-2019, 03:38 PM. Reason: Add information

Comment

Thanks again. The communications test caused other dual band devices to flash their LEDs so I will keep the unit and find a spot around the house to place it. I also realised that although it is not a convenient trigger device, I could also program it to activate other Insteon devices with its on/off and dimming functions. Better than throwing it away

Comment

Working...
          X