Dimmer plug keeps turning back on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer plug keeps turning back on

I have a dimmer plug that I have a small lamp plugged into that keeps turning back on by itself after I instruct Alexa to turn it off. It does same thing if I use the Insteon app to turn it off. It does turn off correctly. However about 2 minutes later it turns back on. What gives

Are you using another service such as stringify to control that device? That could be causing problems. If not, I'd remove the device from the hub, factory reset it and then re-add it.

Comment

This is an old thread but any update? My wall plug comes back on no matter what. I’ve rebooted hub, unplugged the dimmer switch and have not really made any changes to my system.

Comment

which device is used for control?

Comment

I too am having this same issue. Think the switch is just bad? Using an LED light in a lamp so it’s not a load issue.

Comment

The LED bulbs have to be Dimmable if you are using the dimmer type wall outlet or wall switch. The outlet also has a Local Control Sensing circuit to turn it back on if you toggle the lights local switch from On to Off and back On. Some LED bulbs can falsely trigger the Local Control sensing. You should be able to disable the feature in software.

If the wall switch is a 2474D two wire dimmer switch. It is made for incandescent loads only. As it steals power through the light attached to it. I have seen mixed results with a shunt module you connect across the lights. To get the needed current for the two wire switch to work.

Comment

I managed to get a LampLinc Dual-Band dimmer module into that state this morning. At one point it was turning off and then right back on, then I got it into a state where I had to double click the module buttons to turn it on and off. It would not respond to the Director App (Android) either. Fortunately I remembered that a factory reset could be done and found the FAQ still on the old (?) insteon.com site. Unplug the module, hold the "Set" button down as you plug it in, hold till beeping stops, then release the button - you'll get two beeps. The module is now working fine.

Has that FAQ been copied to the forum? I found it at https://www.insteon.com/support-know...ng-insteon-hub (also includes plug in modules, wall switches and keypads, and outlets).

Comment

Working...
              X