Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to disable error blink

all,
    I have to do a very simple setup where the ISY or insteon hub wont stay. but I have to use one controler to do the setup.
    when the hub is removed, each time I open a light (switchlinc), the device flash red (error blink)
    according to manual, error blink is ON by default and can be turned off by the controller. but where??? I can't find how to turn off error blink.

thanks

Some of the modules have a set of software settings. One is Error Blink. I don't know if the HUB can do it and the module would have to have that feature.
    You may find the information on setting Error Blink in the modules full manual.
    The system will still slow down as the modules retry to contact the missing HUB.

The ISY994i has a feature we normally say do not use. Delete Modem (PLM). When you run it from the file drop down menu. It removes all the PLMs links from the modules so no error blinks or trying to contact the missing PLM and ISY994i. I believe it was a feature for installers to use after setting up a system and wanting to remove the ISY994i and its PLM from the installations. If you do a Delete Modem (PLM). Do a good backup before removing it. That way if you have to do some changes to the installation. Using a Restore Modem will add the removed links back into the modules. So you can make the changes.

You can also highlight the module in the ISY994i Administrative Console and open the Options Choice for the module. If the module supports Error Blink On/Off. It will be one of the choices.
    Last edited by BLH; 06-17-2018, 03:53 PM. Reason: Add information.

Comment

Working...
    X