Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open/Close setup multiple modules

Hi
    Im trying to install the open/close modules.

Ive tested wiring with the motor, and it goes up and down without problem.
    But now ive got multiple questions

How do i link the module with the hub? I've pressed setup on both devices, the sound its ok (so they linked) but i cant see the module in the app.

If you are referring to the Insteon for Hub app just open the app, go to devices and ten select add a device. You will want to pick wired-in from the list. From there the Hub will give you instructions on what to do, but all you need to do is go to the module and press and hold its set button for ~3 seconds.

If you are saying you did that already it sounds like you are using the Home app with the Hub Pro. Sometimes it takes a while for devices to populate. You might just try force closing the app and re-opening. Remember that Insteon no longer recommends using the Insteon+ app and prefers users to use the Apple Home app instead.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanM View Post
      If you are referring to the Insteon for Hub app just open the app, go to devices and ten select add a device. You will want to pick wired-in from the list. From there the Hub will give you instructions on what to do, but all you need to do is go to the module and press and hold its set button for ~3 seconds.

If you are saying you did that already it sounds like you are using the Home app with the Hub Pro. Sometimes it takes a while for devices to populate. You might just try force closing the app and re-opening. Remember that Insteon no longer recommends using the Insteon+ app and prefers users to use the Apple Home app instead.
      Hi, ive got my module connected like this.
      Ive linked (presseing 3 secconds the set button there) and then in the hub pro, and module its linked.
      But its not appearing on apple home app or i cant add it using insteon+ app

Thanks
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Last edited by matiasmacera; 11-07-2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Any help? I just cant see the module on home app or even insteon app. Im using homekit and ive got other devices linked
        Last edited by matiasmacera; 11-12-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I think im doing something wrong.

Ive got the module wired and working, ive factory reset it. Then i press set on the hub pro, then set on the module. (they are linked) and after that, the same but otherwise (first module then hub pro).

After that, i m not seeing the module on any list of home app, or cant add it using the insteon+ app

Comment

I can see here (http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...s-with-insteon) that the open/close micro module its not supported on the Insteon+ app.

So anyone can confirm that the micro module its supported on the HOME app?

Comment

If insteon hub pro doesn't support it then Homekit app wouldn't support the module as the home app can only talk to devices the hub pro talks to

Comment

Originally posted by matiasmacera View Post
                I can see here (http://www.insteon.com/support-knowl...s-with-insteon) that the open/close micro module its not supported on the Insteon+ app.

So anyone can confirm that the micro module its supported on the HOME app?
                That would be the issue. The Hubs are pretty picky on what devices they support (right or wrong)

Comment

And will never in the short time support them?

Comment

That would be up to Insteon development. This is just a humble peer to peer forum.

Comment

thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                      X