Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open close module does also stop mid way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All that may possible if you know precisely which switches and exactly how they function as well as which blind motors plus their requirements. Keep in mind that many blinds often have more that up and down, they also have tilt. Without detailed specifications, any advice is purely speculation.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Originally posted by stusviews View Post
      You can use the Hub to control the 2444. It's not convenient to control the 2444 directly (although it can be done). The 2444 can be controlled via the Hub or another device What are you using to control the 2444?
      Hi Stusviews
      after reading deeper in the Insteon site, here is the combination I am thinking to use for the purpose:

I add 220v motors to all blinds. I install a standard wired wall switch next to each blind for local command.
      install open close 2444-422 module behind each wall switch
      i use a wireless switch 2342-442 to open/close all blinds with a single command.

would it work?
      thanks

Comment

Yes, that will work.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I have noted that neither open close micro module neither the wireless switch are supported by Insteon+

Can they be supported in the future following software updates?

Comment

That's entirely an Apple decision. Insteon Labs has no control over what Apple will allow. When and if Apple gives the OK, then support can be added to the Hub+.

Comment

But when and if Apple will give the OK, will I need to buy new modules and controllers or the existing ones will be ok?

should I go for the ISY as hub, does this work like the Insteon hubs (allows to control the items remotely via Internet, it connects directly to the router, it has an iOS, android and Windows phone app, the need for the PC is only for programming)?

thanks

Comment

You will not need to replace anything. Devices added supplement what's already approved.

IMO. an ISY is the way to go. Smartphone access requires another app.
                Last edited by stusviews; 11-06-2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, can you believe you can open a blind half way from the Windows Store insteon app for PC ? Otherwise impossible from Android app or wall switches.
                  I made a few scenes with different opening stages of the blinds to use this ability from my Android phone.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

i like it
                    thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X