Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open close module does also stop mid way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open close module does also stop mid way?

can I set micro module open close 2444 to stop half way too?

Simple answer is no . . . Long answer is if you have a more advanced controller like the ISY Series Controller you can use programs with *Timed* duration to mimic a defined open / closed position. This can not be achieved with any of the Insteon HUB's though.
    Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

I have 7 motorized blinds. I want to replace the std switches in order to have local control to be able to:
      fully open with one tap
      fully close with one tap
      stop in between

to be able to fully open or close remotely (one by one or in groups).

i'd like it to be HomeKit compatible
      what kind of switch or what else can I use?
      i am a newish in automation…

Comment

Hello,

As stated up above in simple terms the default behavior is either fully open / fully closed. None of the Smartlabs (Insteon) HUB v1, HUB v2, HUB II, HUB Pro offer any kind of *Conditional Logic* there for your request to have a mid point stop can't be accomplished.

If you use a ISY-994 Series Controller offered by UDI some members have indicated using *Programs* they have been able to time the event so it mimics the partial open / closed state.

The ISY Series Controller does not support Apple Home Kit however.
        Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Understood I cannot fully open or close through the hub.
          With an Insteon remote control on/off switch toggle next to the window can I stop at the position I wish?

Comment

The 2444 is not designed to stop in the middle.
            When installed you have to calibrate it to fully open and close the shades. I don't believe it can be stopped in the middle.

Comment

What if I do not install the 2444, but only local switches like toggle #2466?

Comment

The only local work around I have read is using two Insteon devices and that being a relay. As I understand it the person invoked the open close sensor and when the proper amount of time had elapsed the Insteon relay would cut power to the open-close module. Its a novel idea just to achieve a mid point setting but the costs to do that on many windows?

That is just crazy expansive . . .

Comment

Next to each blind I have two hard wired buttons
                  i press the up one and the blind opens until I press it again or it is fully open
                  i press the down button and the blind closes until I press it again or it is fully closed
                  what type (product number please) of Insteon wall switch can I use to replace the existing ones in order to have the same functions?

if I buy the hub, will I also be able to fully open or close remotely?
                  thanks

Comment

Do you press and hold or press and release?
                    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Press and release

Comment

What will you be using as an Insteon controller with the Hub?
                        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

For controller do you mean items like 2444?
                          i thought i Would not need a controller if i use insteon switches and hub.
                          actually i am new to all this and my post was to understand what to buy in order to automatize the blinds.
                          can you suggest a combination on items to buy?
                          thanks

Comment

You can use the Hub to control the 2444. It's not convenient to control the 2444 directly (although it can be done). The 2444 can be controlled via the Hub or another device What are you using to control the 2444?

Comment

Sorry it must be my English. I am writing from Italy. I just can't write the proper question.

I'd like to be able to control each blind from the switch next to the window. Also I'd like to be able to close and open all of the the ground floor blinds in one touch. The same for the blinds on the first floor. Also I'd like to operate them remotely from the phone.

at the moment I have nothing (no motors no switches and no hub). So I am open to any suggestion.
                              thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X