Plug in garage door opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug in garage door opener

Has anyone any experience of wiring the garage door opener plug in device to a Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional 1/2 HP garage door opener? The button pad that goes to it is a multi function pad (opener, light and lock). The Insteon quick start Guide says that multifunction openers have to be treated differently.

Which specific button pad?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The wall mounted controller that controls opening/closing/locking the door and turning the light on and off that is part of the garage door opener.

Comment

That's not very specific. Chamberlain has a number of different wall controllers.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Hello all

I need to replace two garage door openers. I've had a quote from a company that only install Lift Master. I've read that some openers aren't compatible because they don't have standard wiring connection points. I can't find a list of compatible door openers. Liftmaster uses their MyQ system which seems to be available on all models right down to the most basic level howe very the company that provided my quotation indicated that a fully automated MyQ solution would cost almost twice as much as the opener with traditional controls. Would you recommend an Insteon solution instead of or in addition to MyQ?

FYI. I believe this was the opener being quoted or possibly the 8165.

I an looking for guidance to select a product that will be relatively straight forward to automate and be reliable. This is my first post. Please be kind :-)
          Economical and efficient, our Contractor Series is a great option if you need practical Garage Door Openers that will get you in and out of your garage safely.

Comment

Seems like the right topic for my problem - I see similar questions but no resolutions... bad sign. I have a Liftmaster 8500C opener with a MyQ Control Pad. It would seem that I should be able to connect the two wires from the Insteon Controller SOMEWHERE to trigger an opening or closing command. Anyone dealt with this before?

Comment

Liftmaster uses the HomeLink protocol which X10 compatible.

Comment

Hello Stusviews
                Referencing my earlier post and your reply regarding X10, can you suggest one or more brands of garage door controllers that are Insteon-compatible please?

Comment

Any garage door opener that has a simple two wire controller available is Insteon compatible. Mulitfunction controllers are not. Some users have connected/soldered a a pair of wires to hand-held remotes. Most Genie GDOs have two two wire controllers available. In general, any GDO that can be controlled using a simply push button will work.

Comment

hm I also needed this information, thank you
                    I used this technology in my new property in Portugal here
                    Last edited by bruno1; 01-13-2021, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X