Add 2672-292 Bulb to scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add 2672-292 Bulb to scene

I have an 8-button mini remote that I want to create an all-off scene with. I had no problem setting it up with wired dimmers, plug-in modules, or the 2672-222 LED bulb. However, I cannot add an "off" condition to that button with my one 2762-292 LED bulb. Whenever I unscrew it to put it in "set" mode, it comes on, and then the button just toggles it. The 222 bulbs did not do this. Is this a limitation of the bulb? Am I stuck with ONE light that can't be turned off - do I have to replace it with a 222? I don't want to do that last, because the 292 is brighter than the 222.

The 292 is the same exact bulb as the 222. It's number signifies that's it's sold via 3rd party retailers not a difference in capabilities.

Since it sounds like you're manually linking, make sure the you turn the bulb off prior to linking so that you link it in the off position instead of on

Comment

Long delay in responding to this, because I actually talked to someone at Insteon about it. It's a firmware issue. Newer bulbs work like you describe, but older firmwares won't link i an off state, only on. A few of the refurbished bulbs I bought work like you say, but not the new ones I bought, guess they've been on the shelf a while and the refurbished ones have a newer firmware. The real annoyance is there is no way to know what you are buying in advance.

Comment

New devices from Insteon always have the latest firmware. Even if they're old stock, they're updated-unless there's a condition stated, such as clearance. Refurbished items nearly always have updated firmware. Their product number always includes an R.

But, it's anyone's guess if you buy from a 3rd party. As lilyoyo1 indicated, -292 is a 3rd party device.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yeah, bought from BH Photo

Comment

Yes, I did all that. The issue is that I wanted an "All Off" button on my mini keypads, and some of the bulbs (only some) would not learn in an OFF state. They toggle fine, I want off and only off, but they won't learn that way. My All Off toggles them no matter what I do. But it's only some of them. The refurbished bulbs I purchased are fine, ironically, it's the new ones that don't. As I said, I finally got to talk to an actual Insteon tech who says it's a firmware issue, and my "new" bulbs must have been on the shelf for a while and had older firmware.

Comment

Delete the errant bulbs from the scene. Create a new scene to turn off the scene device(s) and schedule it to run a few minutes after you have finished creating the new scene (This is a test.)

Add one errant bulb to the new scene. Does it turn off as scheduled? If so, add another. Continue. What's the result. BTW, It's important to add one at a time for the test.
              Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
              Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
              X