Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replace old 2440 Wireless Remote with 8-Scene Mini Remote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace old 2440 Wireless Remote with 8-Scene Mini Remote?

We installed an Insteon system 9 years ago and I'm wondering if I can replace the original Wireless Remote (Model 2440-discontinued) with a new Mini-Remote? The existing system uses 4 Model 2477D Dimmer Switches in a single wall box, each dimmer operating one light only. Each of the 4 Dimmer's has a unique "ID" i.e. I.D.B1.8E, etc. If I can control these with the Mini-Remote, how do I link and program them? Thanks in advance.

Are you using a controller like a HUB or ISY994i?
    Manual linking with the Set Button Routines?
    The four scene version of the Mini Remote should control 4 switches. One switch on each button set.
    The eight scene can also control them, In that case one button controls all the functions. On,Off,Bright and Dim.
    You will loose the All On and All Off functions. The Bright and Dim buttons are also gone and you hold the On or Off button on the remote, to adjust the brightness up and down.
    The full manuals are available for the switches and remote. They explain how to link them if you are using the manual set button method. If you have a controller you uses its method of linking and removing scenes.
    If you retire the old 2440 remove its link from the switches unless you want both to control the same switches.

Comment

Originally posted by PJL

The mini-remote should work fine. It communicates via RF directly to the switches (not powerline). The process for linking is defined in the manual: https://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2342-x22-en.pdf . It's very easy, including setting different scenes that can contain one or more switches. I recommend the eight button to allow more flexibility with multiple scenes.
      Thanks, I've ordered the 8 button mini-remote.. Correction I have 4 2477 D dimmer switch; each switch it marked with a unique code/address
      Last edited by JohnGraves; 08-07-2020, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X