Low Voltage #2450 Command Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Voltage #2450 Command Codes

Almost done changing out BSR devices to all Insteon in my system. It uses a SBC for the Master, and a bunch of Stamps, Basic Micros and now Audinos as Slaves in a distributed processing scheme. One of the slaves has a #2412S PLM to do the Insteon stuff. I send it an ASCII string and have gotten lights and outlets to do their thing. Just got a #2450 Low Voltage widget, but haven't gotten it to respond. I suspect it does not use the same Insteon Standard Length Command Codes as lights & outlets. Tried a few others, no joy. Has anyone figured it out? Tnx!

It uses the standard Insteon protocol messaging.
    Remember it is a power line only module and is subject to the same power line issues as your X10 modules have.
    If it is a fairly recent version. It may use the Insteon I2CS protocol but still respond to the basic Insteon commands.
    You do have the PLM and 2450 linked to each other? So they accept commands meant for them.
    Here is a link to the Insteon Modem Developers Guide. It may give you some added help.

http://cache.insteon.com/pdf/INSTEON..._20071012a.pdf

http://cache.insteon.com/pdf/INSTEON..._20070816a.pdf
    Last edited by BLH; 08-17-2021, 03:48 AM.

Comment

I did a test with an old 2414U and InHomeFre.
      That can do direct commands and see the messages in its Monitor screen.
      My original hardware V1.0 that is not I2CS enabled. I could turn it On and Off with Direct Insteon Command. With an ACK message back.
      My V2.3 that uses I2CS protocol. Trying to turn it On and Off got a NAK message back and it did not change its state.
      I could see its state if I changed it by the button on the side and then did a Status Request.
      I could not see any messages back from the Sensor Input changing state on either one. Though I believe that was normal.
      I am not sure if it was the message sent did not follow I2CS protocol or if the 2414U's ID was not in the I/OLincs Link Database.
      Check the label on the rear of the I/OLinc. It may give you a clue to what is happening.
      I have a log file of both modules tested but it is probably too long to post here.

Comment

I got similar results with a few 2456S3 ApplianceLinc. That are also power line only.
        I could control a V4.1 but not a V4.A. I believe the V4.A is I2CS and the V4.1 may not be I2CS.
        A 2635-222 Dual Band On/Off module also did not turn On and Off
        It may depend on what version I/OLinc you have or firmware it is using.
        Last edited by BLH; 08-17-2021, 04:12 PM. Reason: Fix an error and add information

Comment

Thank you, BLH, for your quick reply. Some further clarification is called for here. First, disregard any ref to BSR X10, I changed out the last one on my system this past weekend. As to the command codes, this is a line from the program that drives the 2412S PLM: SEROUT PLMout,n19200, [$02,$62,$52,$C0,$C1,$05,temp3.highbyte,temp3.lowby te] ' porch outlet Highbyte is inserted with $14 as CMD 1 and lowbyte gets $00 for CMD 2 and that turns the porch light off. Works fine, but when I replace the device address with that of the 2450: no joy. If I was confident of the device catagory, subcatagory, and applicable CMD 1 and 2, then I could go about troubleshooting a failed linking, power line noise, testing method, etc. The thing is, while the docs occasionally list device model numbers and the related instruction information, I could not find anything for the 2450. Regards, Rusty

Comment

Working...
          X