I/O Link 2450 and LS2V2 Dusk-Dawn Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I/O Link 2450 and LS2V2 Dusk-Dawn Sensor

I basically have this working now, the idea is to turn on a few lights when it gets dark outside, sometime before my sunset scene kicks in.

However there is a small problem and that is that the dusk/dawn sensor sends several on/off signals before it settles in.
    I configured I/O Link to send an email when it receives signals on the sensor that causes it to send INSTEON On/Off signals to my "Dusk" scene, so that I can see what happens.

Here is an example of what happened today at 7:56-7:58PM when it did get dark, Within 2 minutes I received the following:

INSTEON I/O Linc - Opened - Lights ON
    INSTEON I/O Linc - Closed - Lights OFF

I am looking for a way to configure some type of delay or latency to avoid the I/O link to react on all those sensor inputs.

The Dusk/Dawn sensor does not have any configuration option like this as far as I can see.

The I/O link has several configuration options in the iPhone Edit Device screen. I have not found any documentation on how to configure those options and most of the seems to have to do with the relay settings and not with sensor input.

I am looking or something like this "Do not react on a sensor command unless the sensor has been quiet for at least 2-3 minutes"

Anybody else had this issue??

Thanks, Ken

There is no adjustment for the I/O Link sensor. The Hub cannot introduce a delay. You my need a less sensitive dusk/dawn sensor.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
    X